We currently have no openings in the studio. But we are always looking and we post opportunities here & via FACEBOOK & TWITTER
We’re always interested in discovering talented & unique creators, designers, animators, concept artists, riggers, coders, assistants, generalists, specialists, writers, directors & production talent. If that sounds like you, introduce yourself via email@example.com
In light of the Public health crisis affecting everyone, Studio AKA has suspended internship applications.
Meanwhile here are some TIPS FOR APPLICANTS, for when we are all back to normal.
01. Send a SHORT introductory email, outlining what you are looking for.
02. Put something relevant in the subject field so we can find your email later.
03. We go straight to the work so long emails are going to get skimmed over.
04. We don't need your life story yet - we can find that out later.
05. We only look at CV's if we already love your work...
06. Send NO ATTACHMENTS via emails, they can get caught up in firewalls and cause trouble.
07. However, we MUST see some work! An email asking for employment or an internship, without a link to your work, is an instant no.
08. So...preferably send us a VIMEO link to your reel (don’t use YouTube as we get distracted by the cat videos in the sidebar).
09. An Online portfolio, Tumbler or web link is also better than a PDF that gets caught in our spam filters...
10. Only show us your very best work. Seriously. Even if that’s just a single shot. We can always look at longer films & clips once we’re hooked on you...
11. As with all applications, please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive on a daily basis, we are unable to give any immediate feedback. We do look at everything we receive and you will receive an acknowledgement of your mail.
12. We will only respond further if and where appropriate to follow up.
Things we are frequently asked.
Q: DO YOU OFFER INTERNSHIPS?
A: Due to the current Public health crisis affecting everyone – Studio AKA has suspended internship applications for 2020. We hope to be back to normal soon.
Q: WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN APPLICANTS?
A: We seek out talent and creativity in its many forms, but our one top tip for applicants is … to be exceptional.
Q: DO YOU OFFER 15 + SCHOOL WORK EXPERIENCE?
A: We can't offer secondary school age work experience placements.
Q: WILL YOU HELP ME WITH MY THESIS?
A: No. We cannot respond to requests for thesis interviews or fill out questionnaires etc.
Q: DO YOU MENTOR STUDENTS?
A: We occasionally mentor graduate students, strictly at our invitation.
Q: WILL YOU READ MY SCRIPT?
A: We do not accept or read unsolicited scripts or story ideas for film or TV productions.
Q: CAN YOU GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON MY WORK?
A: No. We cannot provide professional feedback or critiques on showreels & potfolios.
Q: CAN I VISIT THE STUDIO?
A: We are a busy studio and can’t accept individual visits. We do organise occasional group visits from students when possible.
Q: CAN YOU VISIT US?
A: Maybe...We organise lectures & presentations where we can. Contact Production to see if we can come and talk to you.
Q: WHAT SOFTWARE TOOLS DO YOU USE?
A: Pencils, Paper & Post-It notes. Plus: Adobe Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, Animate, Illustrator), TV Paint, Autodesk: Maya & Arnold (for modelling, rigging, animation, lighting and rendering), Houdini (Simulation), AVID Media Composer, DaVinci Resolve, Nuke (Compositing), Shotgun (pipeline/shot tracking), Royal Render (render farm manager), ZBrush (modelling), Substance Painter (Texturing). Occasionally some cardboard, paint & string...
Q: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE YOU ANIMATION?
A: On average – between a few weeks and a few years … Each project is unique and has its own requirements.
Q: HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
A: Once we've worked out how much string we need, we cost it accordingly…
• PLAYGROUNDS Eindhoven
• THE STORY London
• FAUX IMAGES Berlin
• PICTOPLASMA Berlin, Mexico and NYC.
• HERE London
• STYLEFRAMES NYC
• BROAD.CAT Barcelona
• ONEDOTZERO London
• OFFSET Dublin
• SCIENCE MUSEUM London
• FMX Stuttgart
• ITFF Stuttgart
• SEMI-PERMANENT Auckland